My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://motherhoodandwords.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

the first day


The bus was late this morning, on the first day of kindergarten, and for a while I thought we would have to drive Stella to school. Riding the bus has been the thing about which she has been most excited, and I knew she would be disappointed if it didn't show up. When it arrived a few minutes later and the driver opened the door and called out her name, we gave her a big hug, and she smiled, waved, and walked right up those steps.


I now understand what "my heart swelled" means. My chest, for the rest of the day, has felt full. I'm so proud of her, my Stella.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love this -- a little bit different twist on the first day of school for a kindergartner. Ilove the photo of the bus, driving away. Hope Stella's day was a good one!

Leightongirl said...

Oh first day of K! Wow. Just wow. I cried On Josie's.

kate hopper said...

She loved it, and said how much better it was than preschool: "because I'm going to learn so many new things!" It doesn't get much better than that.

The Blue Suitcase said...

oh, snif!