My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

happy mother's day!

Stella came into our room this morning and said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mama." 

"Thanks, sweetie," I said and looked at the clock. It was 5:30 a.m. 

"I'll just snuggle with you for a while," she said, and she climbed into bed next to me. I fell back to sleep, but a few minutes later, she said, "I think I'm awake. I'll go down and watch T.V." 

"Okay, sweetie."

I slept until 8:30 and then D and the girls brought up strawberries, a croissant, and a vase of brilliant orange Gerbera daisies. The girls had each made cards and presents: Zoe gave me a framed hand-print with all of the things she loves to do traced around her fingers; Stella gave me a Marigold that she grew at school. So dear!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Mother's Day! I so appreciate this community of mothers and writers and friends. Thank you for being who you are!!! Happy Mother's Day!


Elizabeth said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Kate! It sounds like you had a beautiful one.

Sarah said...

Happy mother's day to you! And thanks for nurturing and encouraging mama writers everywhere!