My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://motherhoodandwords.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

happy mother's day!

Stella came into our room this morning and said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mama." 


"Thanks, sweetie," I said and looked at the clock. It was 5:30 a.m. 


"I'll just snuggle with you for a while," she said, and she climbed into bed next to me. I fell back to sleep, but a few minutes later, she said, "I think I'm awake. I'll go down and watch T.V." 


"Okay, sweetie."


I slept until 8:30 and then D and the girls brought up strawberries, a croissant, and a vase of brilliant orange Gerbera daisies. The girls had each made cards and presents: Zoe gave me a framed hand-print with all of the things she loves to do traced around her fingers; Stella gave me a Marigold that she grew at school. So dear!


I hope you are all having a wonderful Mother's Day! I so appreciate this community of mothers and writers and friends. Thank you for being who you are!!! Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Kate! It sounds like you had a beautiful one.

Sarah said...

Happy mother's day to you! And thanks for nurturing and encouraging mama writers everywhere!