My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://motherhoodandwords.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

happy father's day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. Wishing everyone a lovely day!


D had to coach this morning, but we'll greet him with homemade cards and the electric griddle he's been coveting. We'll have a little family time followed by some solo time for him to watch the US soccer game. Then dinner with my sister's family and my dad. If the rain stays away it will be perfect. 


I'd love to pause and appreciate all the dads in my life: Thanks to my dad, whose support and generosity never cease to amaze me (and whose babysitting skills we couldn't live without). To my step-dad, who has a huge heart. To my grandpa Spencer, who has lived a tremendous life, and who at 102, wants to keep living, even as he fades. To all my friends who are dads and from whom I learn a ton. And finally to D--of course--without whom I'd be lost. I can't imagine a more wonderful partner and father for our girls. Thanks for everything you are, D! 


Check out Literary Mama for some wonderful Father's Day essays, poems and reviews. 


What do you have planned for the dads in your life today?

1 comment: